Tuesday 21 February 2012

a Sekonda Hunter was the next aquisition.

a grouse on the front cover, leaves on the back, a second hand in it's own little face at 9 o'clock and (I've discovered)the 3602 is a Molnija movement. a classic of Iron curtain industry, these were made by the million and branded with a load of different labels depending on the destination. Sekonda was the UK and commonwealth brand name. Apparenlty at the peak of production there were up to 25,000 of these things coming out of the factory a DAY!!!!!

this one keeps good time and the only downside is the bow is a little bent. I can live with that!! This is my main wear to work watch as the closed cover keeps the glass from getting scratched by my keys in my trouser pocket. The kids in school are a little confused as to why I would have a big clock in my pocket when my phone has the time on it too...... kids!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment